0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
778 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Wallace

Hi everyone! I’m visiting HK from April 1st through the 18th. I’d like to climb outdoors or indoors if anyone is free — I’m bringing my shoes and harness. I can sport up to 5.11 and trad up to 5.8. My schedule is quite flexible so please reach out to me for weekday or weekend climbing. From the initial exchanges I’ve had with HK climbing community, you guys seem like a great group! Feel free to email me at whyoung@gmail.com.

ugi

Hi all, i will be in HK from apr. 4th-17th and would love to find some people to tag along with on some outdoor day trips. I can bring 12 draws but no space for rope unfortunately. I lead and climb up to 5.11b/c range on my good days. just wanna check out the scene while I’m out there from canada. i would also be down to check out the gyms as well if someone needs a partner… please email zemuncar@gmail.com.
cheers

David

Hello i’m living in Humen now and i want to find someone to climb in HK on weekends. Bouldering or rope. I’m from Spain and i love climb but i dont know anybody here. So… any interested please contact me!! thank!!

Lynette Nam

Hey I just moved to HK and would be keen to suss out the indoor/outdoor climbing scene. I’m not so advanced, but am enthusiastic enough! Let me know if you want to go for a climb together 🙂

Ricardo

Salud, gachupín. Si te interesa escalar en español (aunque sea mexicano) y conocer algunas de las zonas en HK, puedes escribirme a desnivel_efectivo99@hotmail.com.

Johnny

Will be in HK from March 22 to April 13, I am looking for a weekday or weekend climbing partner, have personal gears just no ropes (no luggage space for it, and only have a few draws). Can lead and lead belay, sport/trad, indoor/outdoor, never climbed in HK so anything is cool with me! I don’t have a phone number (yet) but you can reach me via email.

Todd

In Hong Kong now, till the next week (March 8th – 15th). I will buy some shoes tomorrow and would love to get out and climb some. Anyone know equipment rental? I cant carry too much gear and ill be traveling south afterwards. I can lead 6b if needed. 28 year old, big bearded friendly American dude. I speak some other languages too, unfortunately no cantonese. Send me an email tgeasland at gmail dot com or through here! Cheers!

Simon

Hi, is anyone interested in bouldering or routes this coming Tuesday or Wednesday? I’m arriving in HK on Monday and wouldn’t mind getting something done. I’ve climbed in HK a bit in the past and wouldn’t mind revisiting some of the classic areas such as Lion’s Rock, Tsuen Wan boulders or Beacon Hill.

Cheers, Simon

Leo

Hi there I’m going to be coming back to Hong Kong mid March and i’m looking to go bouldering with someone/some people. I wont be able to bring crash pads or anything unfortunately. I’m looking at maybe going to Shek O but if theres anyone who suggests somewhere else I’m more than happy to boulder with them!

Leo

oh i forgot to say i’ll be in Hong Kong from the 17th -22nd

rookdroid

Hi Everyone,

I will be headed to Hong Kong May 31 – June 8 for a conference. I am interested in bouldering or lead climbing with any locals or anyone else headed there during that time. If anyone is interested in taking a Canadian stranger around shoot me a reply. I can speak Cantonese just in case language is a concern.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Hi Everyone,

I will be headed to Hong Kong May 31 – June 8 for a conference. I am interested in bouldering or lead climbing with any locals or anyone else headed there during that time. If anyone is interested in taking a Canadian stranger around shoot me a reply. I can speak Cantonese just in case language is a concern.

Geoff

climberdrew

Hi all, my wife and I will be in Hong Kong March 8th to 15th (2014). We’ll be bringing some climbing gear and looking for routes. I’ve printed some guides off, but it would be easier and more fun to tag along with locals (we climb French scale 5s and 6s). We’re also scrambling to find a couch on couchsurfing.org (we waited until the last minute…). If anybody on this forum is a couchsurfing host, and open for a couple visitors from the Czech Republic, then pleased to meet you 🙂 We’re fine with just a few nights and floors!… Read more »

Johnny

Hi,
I am coming to HK for the first half of April, and looking to check out some local crags on weekdays (most like doing family stuff on weekends). I will have my personal climbing stuff and maybe a single rack, but probably won’t be bring my rope. I am game for anything trad/sport, just need to find a partner to show me some cool places!
Thanks,
Johnny

otherone372

Hello I am from California and will be visiting Hong Kong for the first time on Feb 19-25 and would love to do some outdoor climbing. I don’t know much about the area and could definitely use some advice.

Thanks,
Paul

Simo

I’m here til’ 26th and know some places. I have a rope and quickdraws too.

Simone T.

Hello,
I’ll be in Shenzhen for business trip around February 21st till March 5th and I am looking for some climbing in the Hong Kong area.
I’ll be available on weekends only and I’ll be bringing shoes and harness but I don’t think I’ll be able to stuff a rope into my baggage…

If somebody is interested, let me know!

Cheers

Simone

Simone T.

Hello, my trip is confirmed from February 18th to March 5th. Is there anybody looking for a climbing partner around these dates? I’d really like to try some climbs in the region. If you are interested, mail me directly at terrando@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Simone

jackmarr

Hi Simone– Not much in the way of outdoor climbing in Shenzhen proper but there are a few gyms. Check out our FB page Shenzhen Rock Climbing.

Simone T.

Hi jackmarr,

thank you for your reply. I actually plan to move to Hong Kong during weekends.
I’ll give a shot to Shenzhen Rock Climbing too!

Bonnie Kit-Yee Yip

I’ve recently started a blog about traveling and climbing, check it out (and follow it) if you’re bored! Only 2 posts so far, but I’ll be trying to put a new one out each week. My latest post features hongkongclimbing.com! Thanks, <3 B
http://thewanderlustboho.wordpress.com

Ron Chow

i like reaing story…

Daniel Webb

Hi Guys, I will be moving to Hong Kong in April 2014 to work for Outward Bound and will be staying for at the very least 2 years, and after finding this website maybe a few after!!! I was just hoping to make contact with a few people who wouldn’t mind introducing me to the climbing in the area. Most of my climbing has been UK Trad and I have a reasonable experience, but after being in Saudi Arabia for 6 months, with very limited climbing, I am super keen to get back on the rock. I would happily spend… Read more »

Ron Chow

i would like to be your climbing partner

Ron Chow

would like to be your climbing partner

James

Send me a message at james.k.haugen@gmail.com. I occasionally fly to Saudi. Would be great to meet up before you come here.

Patrick

Hey Daniel,
Congrats on the move to HK, the climbing here is pretty varied. Happy to introduce you to a few outdoor locations but I’m only free on weekends. Drop me an e-mail when you get here if that works. Your gear list looks sufficient, a helmet is good when belaying in certain locations. It gets very hot during the summer so the nicest time to climb outdoor is Oct to March.
Cheers, Patrick.

Simo

Hi! I’m coming to HK for almost the whole February and I would like to find people to climb with. I will bring sport climbing gear and I would also like to go bouldering (can’t bring a crashpad).

Sophie

We can go climbing together! Just let me know when you’re here!!
Sophie

Kris

Hi Sophie & Simo, I’m going to be in the New Territories area and available from Feb 4, 5, 6th if you want to climb! I’m really interested in trying out deep water soloing somewhere if you’re down. Shoot me an email: krisdoesthis@gmail.com

Ron Chow

can you climb on weekday also?

Simo

I can climb on weekdays too. I arrived to HK yesterday and ready climb 4th feb until 25th feb.

Tony Wood

Stanley Slabs – Has anyone been there and is it any good for beginners. If so how does one get there. Many thanks. Tony

dgbryan

Tony,
Yes & no.
It’s a large easy-angled slab with no really good base ledge.
The routes are basically short & the worthwhile portion shorter.
I went years ago through the barracks. I assume no one has gone this way since the PLA moved in.
Damian

Tony Wood

Many thanks. I made my 12 year old son abseil into Devils Peak instead and he seemed to do well, so we are up and running. Many thanks for the beta. Have a good one.

Bonnie Kit-Yee Yip

Hi,

I am in HK until Jan/22. Am looking to climb. I have all necesary sport gear (60m rope, 14 draws, slings, lockers, etc.) I’d also like to check out some bouldering but have no crash pads. Email me at yip.bon@gmail.com if interested!

B

Sophie

Hi Mark!! No worries. I’ll probably go indoor for a start and maybe we’ll meet later on 🙂

Jonas

Hi Sophie,
I’m heading to Tung Lung Chau tomorrow (Sunday Jan 12) Let me know if you would like to join. Also, I apologize for such short notice, hope you see this message!

cheers,
jonas

Sophie

Hi Jonas!! I would have love to come. Sadly I’ve read the message to late !!
Please let me know if you go next week-end.
Hope you had fun!!
cheers,
Sophie

Jonas

I’m going to beacon hill on tuesday and yes very possibly to tung lung again this weekend. whats app me +1778 821 1005 or email jonasfung@hotmail.com

Sophie

I work untill 3pm on tuesday, so it’s probably too late…?
But that works for Sunday!! Thank you! Can I have your e-mail?
Mine is : snowmie31@hotmail.com
See you soon!!

Rene Grabner

Hi everybody!
I´m austrian climber aka worldtraveller. I´ve got plenty of experience in trad. and sport climbing. Have been travelling as a climbing bum since six month in Canada/US/Nz recently. I´m going to be in HK by Jan. 18th (on my way to Yangshuo) and I´m really curious about climbing in a city like HK. Is there anybody who would be keen to indroduce me in climbing in HK?

J a n

Coming back to HK this Christmas through early January. Would love to get out.
Have gear. alpine/mountaineering experiences, done a lot of ice/mixed lately. Looking to climb as often as possible when I’m back. Both Indoor and outdoor.
Whatsapp/text: +1 two-zero-two 460 six-two-zero-five
Or email: j h e u n g AT g m a i l

J a n

P.S. Is there any gyms or outdoor climbing areas in HK that permit dry tooling?

Wes

Hi all,
Any boulderers going to be in Shek O this Saturday? I’m just visiting from California so unfortunately I won’t have crash pads, but I can help carry some and spot! Email me if you’d like to meet up.

leslie

Hey all,
I will be in HK for a weekend December 14 & 15. Looking for a safe belayer to climb with. Would love to hit up Central Crash, or anywhere else. I will be traveling with my rope and draws. Feel free to email me at tesla27@hotmail.com Thanks!

Tyler

Just arrived in Hong Kong for a few weeks, looking to climb outside/inside (weather dependent).
Was just climbing in the state of Montana (USA) on and off.

I’ve never climbed outdoors here (did not bring a rope but have harness and atc) but would be happy to go out with folks who know the region. Will belay anyone (lead, or sport)!

Also, what gyms would people recommend to join for a few weeks? Since the weather doesn’t look too great right now,

Thanks and look forward to meeting folks and getting out!

Cheers,
Tyler

J a n e t t e

Tyler, let me know what you find out about the gym and I would be happy to get out as well. Trad, sport, or indoor. j h e u n g (at) g m a i l

joelex 早力士

Hi Patrick,

If you wish, I can go with you

Patrick

Thanks joelex, how about 10am Sunday morning if the weather is dry? Drop me an e-mail Saturday and we can swap numbers and sort out the details.

Patrick

Hi, looking for a partner to climb this Sunday, 24th November, anywhere on HK island or NT. Have rope and sport gear. pjs_leonard@hotmail.com.
Cheers,
P.

Ming

Looking for a climbing partner Saturday, November 9th. I am an experienced, safe climber with my own gear. Hit me up if you want to climb Saturday. Was thinking about Tung Lung, Lion Rock or Cape Collinson as they’re the only places I’ve climbed there. Would love to go somewhere new if possible.

Ricardo

Hey Ming, wanna go to Central crags tomorrow? There’re some routes I wanna try at Forgotten Buttress. Lemme know if you wanna join us: my number is 64 84 69 37. See ya!

Ed Hartley

Hi I’m in HK until the 21st of November and looking to climb.
Mostly sport climbing, have sport gear but not brought a rope (easily fixed!)
I think this post should link to my facebook if you want to contact me that way. Or text +447968975083
Thanks,
Ed

Joelex ( Chinese )

Hi, I am a native chinese, I go to climbing outdoor every sunday, If you want a partner please feel free to ask me

Ed Hartley

Hi, thanks! I’m talking to some people about the weekend. They’re going to Lion Rock. I was hoping to get to Tung Lung, but any climbing is good climbing!

Ming

Hi, I’m looking to climb Saturday (November 9th). Thinking about Tung Lung, Lion Rock or Cap Collinson, all I’ve climbed before. I’d love to climb somewhere new if possible. Only bringing sport rack.

Ed Hartley

Sorry Ming missed your post last week 🙁

Wazza

Hi Ed
You keen to climb Friday or Saturday?

Ed Hartley

Hey Wazza, I’d be up for something tomorrow… I still haven’t managed to get a working HK number. I have got the whatsapp thing attached to my UK no though. (+447968975083)

Rickyboy

Hey I’m going to be heading to Hong Kong very shortly. I would like to know if there is a rent gear and a guide deal for some rock climbing on the 09 of November. There will be 4 in the whole group altogether. I would really love to climb in Hong Kong. All of us are able body and ready to go. Thanks again.

elbrus55

Greetings. I am a 39year-old British guy, and have moved here permanently. Ideally I’d like to second some multi-pitch traditional routes at a grade of about VD or S on the British system; or some Grade3 scrambling – does that sort of thing exist here? (not sure what that is in French / International system – it is very low). If that sort of thing suits you, and you can lead and have kit then drop me a note. I have harness, carab, belay, shoes only. If you reply to this, it will get auto-forwarded to my email. (prefer not… Read more »

Sophie

Hi!! I moved here too. I have shoes and a harness, and I’m very motivated to go climbing. I have every Sunday off. Let me know when you’re available!!
Sophie

elbrus55

Welcome!
I had a wonder up to the central crags this afternoon as it is not far from me. All pleasant up there – good view and nice weather; a handful of people were climbing.

I don’t have a rope/any gear here though, so assuming you are in the same position that isn’t going to work just yet.

mark

Wazza

Anybody keen for a session on the rock tomorrow (Monday)? I have rope and a car. Thinking Cape Collinson. africanblue@polka.co.za

Bonnie

With some delay, I finally arrived in HK! I will probably be going to check out Da Verm tmw (Sat/Nov/2) to get warmed up. Haven’t had time to climb in a couple weeks! Do not have an HK phone # as of yet. But I have BBM and iPhone iMessenger. I will be here for the next month. E-mail me to pull some plastic or hit some real rock!

Bonnie

Mario

Hey,
I am new to Hong Kong since the summer and now that it is getting colder I would love to try some outdoor bouldering. I didn’t train in quite some time so I can probably only go for something around V2-V4. If I could join any groups on a weekend anywhere in HK, that would be great!
Mario

biga57FB

Hold Chipping at Beacon Hill Last Sunday climbing Pressure, we noticed that someone chipped a key hold in the crux move of “Moon Night Snake ” There was a very tiny crack at the last move where (previously) it was possible to position only the very tip of your fingers. Now this hold has been enlarged to allow a big portion of your fingers to enter. Most of the regular climbers know that this route was originally graded 6C and when a key hold broke, it turned effectively a bit harder than 6C. This is not a good reason to… Read more »

Bonnie Kit-Yee Yip

Probably should have left my email haha…yip.bon@gmail.com!

Bonnie

Hello! Chinese born Canadian coming to visit Hong Kong for the month of November then off to climb in Thailand! I know nohting about the climbing in HK. Hoping to hit up the gyms and some outdoor. I only have gear for sport routes, no bouldering pads. Email me if you’re interested in showing me around or need a climbing partner!

Cheers,
Bonnie

Joelex ( Chinese )

Hi Bonnie, I go to climbing every sunday, if you want somebody to help, please feel free to give me a message

Sophie

Hi!! I have every Sunday free, and i’d love to go climbing. I’m not very good but very motivated. Let me know if you would like to go together.

James

There is a trad climbing festival in Liming China on 1,2 and 3 November. Is anyone interested in going?
http://www.come2climb.cn/en

carmen1405

I will be in HK 14-29 december and I want to go few days to Yangshou. I’m thinking of the weekend 19-22 dec. It’s not fixed yet. Anyone keen to join me?

Erkki

Hi! Got shoes and chalkbag but no crashpad nor company. Sunday 13.10 is free for bouldering, up to v4-5 in this weather. Anybody going that i might join.
-Erkki

Gigi

Hello!
We are looking for locals who are interested in bouldering together in Chun Hum Kok boulders. Or can we borrow a crash pad from someone? We’ll be in town this week until Oct 12. Thanks!

Gigi and Joe

David McCarthy

Hi Gigi & Joe, I have crashpads & would love to check out Chun Hum Kok. Could do it all day on Friday? Contact me at davidmccarthy1 [at] gmail.com
David

Patrick Leonard

Hi, anyone know a place in HK to get climbing shoes resoled and rand repairs? Don’t want to consign my climbing shoes to landfill sit if I can resole them! Failing that, anywhere in Asia that I can send them to, have seen a few places in the US but they only cover states in the US.

Thx, Patrick.

Jarrett

Hi. I am a student from South Africa. I’m going to Shanghai for a student congress later this month, and afterwards I’ll be in Hong Kong from the 23rd to the 29th of October. I’d love to go sport climbing or bouldering with someone. Unfortunately I will only be able to bring my shoes and harness with me. Looking at grade conversion tables, I should be comfortable climbing up to 6c with sport and V4 with bouldering.

James

Hey Guys! I’ve been living in Hong Kong for about 2 years, looking for some climbing partners who are interested in climbing locally, as well as take trips to places such as Yangshuo, Long Dong (Taiwan), and Liming. I have a full trad rack, draws, single rope, and pair of half ropes. Oh, and I have a car, so it’s easy to get out to places like Cape Collinson, Beacon Hill, Eagle Crag, etc… The only thing I ask is you bring some good tunes to play on the way to the crag. I currently lead 6a-6a+, but want to… Read more »

Channing Lai

Hey,

I moved to HK last month and would like to do some outdoor climbing in the weekends/holidays. I can lead but am better at top roping, I have a rope and draws. I also live near YMCA Kings Park if anyone is into that too. Email me if interested!

channing

Hey,
I moved to HK a month ago and would love to do some outdoor climbing in the weekends.I can lead but an better at top roping. Shoot me an email if you want to climb, I have a 70m rope + draws. I also live near YMCA king’s park if anyone is interested in late night artificial wall climbing. My email is channinglai@gmail.com

Zach

I just moved to Hong Kong earlier this month and am looking for people to climb with. Is anyone interested in climbing this weekend? I’m up for sport or trad (or even just bouldering) but only have sport draws (no rope or trad rack) with me. Email: zachsavidge@yahoo.com. Let me know!

sarahcai

Hey! 2 of us will be in Hong Kong looking to boulder on 11th and 12th October (Thursday and Friday). We will bring our shoes but unfortunately not our bouldering pads/equipment. if anyone would love some company and has some extra pads, get in touch! We’ll buy you dinner 🙂 I climb V0-V3 outdoors, Derek climbs around V9-10 outdoors. Or if you guys know where we can rent some pads…? Email me at caihuijie@gmail.com . Thanks!!

Anu

Hi,
My name is Anu and I moved to Hong Kong for work 2 days ago. I have been top-roping for over a year (mostly indoor – grade 5.11a-b) and had just started leading a few weeks before I moved. I would love to find some climbing partners to top rope at first and then lead with. Anyone looking for TR partners?

Zach

Anu, I’d love to meet up at some point. What’re your plans this weekend?

James

Hi Anu, what’s your contact info?

Scott

Hi,

I just graduated college and moved to HK for a year. I am looking for some climbing friends. I haven’t been out in a few years but want to get back into it, let me know if you’d like to meet up.

Zach

Scott- Just moved here earlier this month and I’m looking for climbing friends too. We should definitely climb sometime. My email is zachsavidge@yahoo.com – shoot me an email and lets try to plan a climb

geordie

Anyone been out to Cape collinson and have found a brown arteryx t-shirt. and harness bag. if you want to return it to me. Please call or leave a msg 00853 66887544. Geordie