Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of

782 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Corey Fung

Hi,

I’ll be in Hong Kong Dec 27 to Jan 4 and Jan 14-16. Im bringing my harness, shoes, gri gri, and anchoring system. I have lots outdoor experience and I have climbed in Hong Kong a few years back.

Anyone interested in a partner or an additional member to your group. Message me! I’d love to join.

Thanks,
Corey

Alex Kent

Hey everyone, I’m in HK until the 7th and I’m looking for some friends to boulder with. I’m free almost every day until I leave.
It would be cool to go boulder in shek-o or tai koo.

I have a crash pad and have sent V3 outside/v4-5 indoors.

Please text me at: (+852) 56016966

Regards,
Alex

Jonathan

I will be in town to visit family from Jan 5 to Jan 11. I am interested in checking out the climbing in Hong Kong such as the Lion Rock or places with good view. I would only have my sport rack with me but wouldn’t mind leading trad. I have onsighted up to 11- in Tahoe and Sierras. Please let me know if you are interested in roping up.

Eva

Hello, would anyone be interested to go indoor bouldering regularly together? Twice a week? Prefer HK island. Whatsapp +852 61822702.

Eva

Kevin

Hi climbers

I am looking for some outdoor climbing buddies near Hong Kong Island side. ( Braemar hill, Ap Lei Chau, Central crag )

Helmet check , harness check, 60m rope check, grigri check,10 quickdraws check , climbing shoes check , able to climb 6a/b check, cookies check xd, emm…
Still missing climbing buddies….

Jan Boshoff

What days are you available?

Kevin

Usually Sat and Sun

Jan

Going Monday 23/12 to climb at Beacon Hill. We’ll be there from about 10am. You’re welcome to join.

Corentin Le Masne De Chermont

Hi everybody, I just moved (back) to Hong Kong recently and am looking for some climbing buddies! A little bit about me, I have been climbing for a few years and usually boulder indoors given I was in the Netherlands for a few years. I have experience sport climbing and bouldering outdoors and have done a few multi-pitches. I will be picking up two crash pads the coming week and will be bouldering around chung hom kok regularly, feel free to contact me if you want to join! If any one is also looking for climbing partners or has room… Read more »

Andrea

Hey, I’m also looking to do some outdoor climbing and bouldering if you’re still looking for climbing buddies. I’m here past the new year and would love to check out some crags. Do you have a number I can contact you on?

Gerrit VS

Hi all, I live in the area and I’m looking for a regular climbing partner. I don’t have ropes and such yet but I’m keen to jump in and start buying the essentials. Cheers!

Gerrit VS

Just want to add that I’ve been climbing indoor for a few years now and should be able to handle a reasonable difficulty level.

Simon

Hi Gerrit, I haven’t done much climbing in recent years but looking to pick it up again; I have all the gear. If that’s of interest drop me a whatsapp on 5598 1186, thanks, Simon

Gerrit van Sittert

I’ll be in touch!

Jan

Hi Gerrit
Which area do you live in in HK? I’m based in SK but would be happy to have you join in when we go climbing.

firingpotential

Hi Jan, thank you! I am in Shenzhen actually so I just hop over quickly to climb.

Gerrit VS

You can leave me a message on WhatsApp whenever: +1 (778) 877-1530

Gerrit VS

The “firingpotential” user above is me it’s just from an old account

Andrea

Hi Jan, I was wondering if you climb anywhere near SK? I’m staying in clearwater bay and looking for places/buddies nearby to climb with if you don’t mind an extra person tagging along.

Jan

The closest established site is really Beacon Hill, but Tung Lung Chau is not far from CWB. I have done some exploring of the small islands around Sai Kung and there are a few spots but nothing established. Waterfall rock looks cool but I’m still a trad noob and haven’t had a chance to go out there yet. We’ll probably go climbing during the Christmas week, still working this week, I’ll keep you posted.

Jan

Andrea
You’re welcome to rtag along tomorrow if you’re free. Whatsapp me 64036223.

andrea

Hi Jan, I saw your message too late to join and for some reason can’t recognise your number on whatsapp. My whatsapp number is +31638493343. Please let me know when you next decide to head out, i’d still love to join.

andreabball

Hey Jan, I saw your message too late to join, and for some reason my phone doesn’t recognise your number for whatsapp. My whatsapp number is +31638493343. Please let me know when you next head out, i’d still love to join.

Regan

Will be in Hong Kong from the 19th to 21st of November, hoping to climb in Shek O, or any other climbing spot that’s equally cool. I don’t have ropes or quick draws but would be willing to pay for travel or food to make up for your gear usage.

DIEGO

Hi, i will be in Hong Kong Lantau Island 29 30 Oct, anyone interest for rock climbing?
Looking for a partner.
Thanks.
Diego

Bastian Lim

Hello there, I will be coming from Singapore for a weekend transit on the 18th – 20th October. Am looking for climbing partners, if any for outdoor top rope and lead. I am usually climbing indoors in Singapore for 6a/6b grades.

Hope to find people to do some climbing experience in HK.

Juan Pablo

Hi Bastian,

I will be around this weekend and also looking for a climbing partner. I only brought shoes, harness and calk. Whatsapp: +5491158454141
Cheers,

JP

Matt

in hong kong for a couple weeks till the 13th and would love to check out some outdoor bouldering. Is anyone planning on doing a session and wouldnt mind me tagging along?

Cut Zya

hello.. i am travelling to HK 11-15, does anyone have outdoor boulder or rock climbing trip and am free around 12-14 of october. me and my bf can do lead, trad, belay. Please write if you’d like to get out. Hope to climb with you soon.

Eddy

Hi!
Recently arrived to HK and was looking into bouldering outdoors. Does anyone know if it’s possible to rent crash pads here or if anyone is selling cheapish pads?

Corentin le masne

Hey Eddy,
I just arrived (back) in HK recently and am thinking of going bouldering regularly outdoors, mostly around chung hom kok. I am going to get my hands onto 2 crash pads soon. Let me know if you are keen to join!

Anna

Hey guys,

Recently moved back to Hong Kong and am looking for climbing partners. I have been climbing on and off for the past three years, and can climb 5.10b on a good day. Looking to get more into bouldering and for some climbing buddies.

Joakim

Hi everybody! I’am moving to HK from the northend parts of Sweden in a few days to study at PolyU. I have been climbing for about 3 years now, mostly sport(7a/6c max lead) but also traditional(6b/6a max lead), on both single and multi pitch routes. As i am new to the town i am looking to meet people to go climbing with both outdoor and indoor. What grade your climbing and your experience is not a big issue for me, i would like to meet new people and do some climbing! Sadly i wont be able to bring my trad… Read more »

Joakim
Khemtip

Hello – My friend and I are traveling to Hong Kong during the weekend of 6-7 July 2019. We’re looking to hire a local guide for a day to climb at Cape Collision or Tung Lung Chau. We are sports climbers from Thailand with 1 year-ish top-rope experiences, and 3-4 months lead climbing (mostly indoor, grade 5b-6a).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Please let us know if anybody would be interested in climbing with us!

Thanks,
Khem & Pat

Chun Man

Hi Khemtip,

Welcome to climb in Hong Kong. You will enjoy Granite at here. I can recommend and coordinate few guides for you, depends on your budget, and desired services level.

Do you want to hire 2 guides (so both of you can climb together) or only 1 guide?

Feel free to contact me by my e-mail address.

Chun Man

My e-mail is outdoorchunman@gmail.com

Khemtip

Hi Chun – Thanks for your reply. I just sent you an email.

Darren McGaughay

Hi everyone, I’ve just moved to Hong Kong from London to teach, and i’m looking for outdoor bouldering partners. A little bit about me, have been climbing for a few years now, and usually boulder or sport climb indoors. I do have some experience climbing both sport and bouldering outdoors (so comfortable lead belaying/spotting), but very much at that “awkward” transition stage from climbing indoors to outdoors! I’m looking to spend the next few months bouldering on real rock to build up some strength/skills before getting on sports routes. I’ll be picking up a crash pad this week so will… Read more »

DKwok

Hi boulderers – I’m selling four single punch card visits to the Verm City bouldering gym in Quarry Bay (https://www.vermcity.com) for $150 a pop – before May 14th (am injured so can’t use them before then). Whatsapp me if you’d like to buy a few off me (+852 93710007).

Winnie Lenore Che

Hi all, I have only recently gotten into climbing about a year ago. I mostly sports climb in the government sports centers and climb in bouldering gyms, I have tried some outdoor rock climbing in Hong Kong and in NZ and I would like to get into it more. Looking for climbing partners who don’t mind beginners to climb with.

Madison Bailey

I just moved to Shenzhen from Colorado and looking for climbing partners to meet with in Hong Kong every chance I get. Been climbing sport for about a year.. comfortable leading. I only brought a harness with me but am planning on getting new gear.

Winnie Lenore Che

Hi Madison, sounds great. Let me know when you come to Hong Kong, we can arrange something 🙂 How often you come to Hong Kong?

Mark Dolan

Hi Winnie. I’m also looking for climbing partners. Not a beginner but very out of practise.

Winnie Lenore Che

Hi Mark, ya sure, send me an email, we can arrange something. winnielenoreche@gmail.com

Winnie Lenore Che

Yes sure, shoot me an email and we can arrange something. winnielenoreche@gmail.com

Simon

Hi Mark, you sound like you are in a similar position to me – not a beginner but very out of practice, and also looking for partners! Perhaps whatspp me on 5598 1186 and we can fix something? Cheers, Simon

Winnie Lenore Che

Hi all, I have only recently gotten into climbing about a year ago and I mostly sports climb in the government sports centers and climb in bouldering gyms, I would like to get into more outdoor rock climbing as well. Looking for climbing partners who don’t mind beginners to climb with 🙂

Marcus Grierson

Hi, I’m Marcus and have recently moved to Hong Kong, have climbed a fair bit in NZ and keen to get into it here. looking for someone to climb with at gyms and in the weekend. Also really keen to try some of the canyons here as well. Text whatsapp 6999 4043

Winnie Lenore Che

I see you are looking for people to climb with, I’m in the same boat. Let me know if you want to arrange something.

Jun

Hi all, will be in HK from Toronto on the 28-Jan and 29-Jan. I’m hoping to go checkout some of outdoor bouldering spots. I’m looking for bouldering partners and pads.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Simon

Hi all, I’m a not very competent and an out of practice climber (was in Singapore, now in HK) looking for a tolerant partner for occasional w/e climbs on easier outdoor routes on the island (am somewhat time constrained), thanks!

Winnie Lenore Che

I see you are looking for climbing buddies, I’m a beginner myself. I’m also looking for people who don’t mind beginners. Let me know if you would be interested in arranging something.

simon

Hi Winnie, sure, would be good to catch up and see if we can arrange something. I am travelling the next couple of weekends, but send me a whatsapp at 55981186 and let’s try and fix a time

Stevenvem

hi all

mountainfunone

Hello everybody! I will be in Hong Kong from February 7th to the 23rd and am hoping to climb as much as possible. I have been climbing for many years and am very safe and reliable. Available every day. I will have a rope and quickdraws. Please write if you’d like to get out. Hope to climb with you soon.
-Ron

aliacrook

Hello!
I’ll be in HK from January 1st-9th and would love to get some climbing in. I haven’t decided what gear I’m going to bring, but feel free to reach out to me if you will be in the area around that time and want to climb!

Alia

Hello!
I’ll be in HK from January 1st-9th and would love to get some climbing in. I haven’t decided what gear I’m going to bring, but feel free to reach out to me if you will be in the area around that time and want to climb!

Jan

Whos available to climb in one of the gyms 12/23-31? Can Lead. (Can do outside too but only have personal gear.) Live in CO now and coming home to visit family and friends. Look forward to hearing from you!

Sam

Will be in HK Nov 2-4 and would love to check out the outdoor climbing scene. Will be coming from SF and am there for a business trip. Thanks!

Brooks

Hey Sam,
Let me know what gear you’re bringing and where you’d like to meet up. I’m departing tomorrow night from South Carolina so I’ll need to figure out what to bring or if I’m bringing any. I have a climbing spot I’ve been researching I’d like to run by you. Thanks!

Brooks

Howdy folks! I’ll be in Shenzhen on a business trip from the USA October 27th-November 4th and I’m thinking about making some time to do a climb in HK if anybody’s interested. I have a 60m rope, quickdraws and some trad gear I can pack. Hit me up if you’re going to be around!

Sam

Hey Brooks! I’ll be in HK from Nov 2-4 (on a business trip as well from the US). I don’t do trad, but can do sport (lead) – let me know!!

Brooks

Hey Sam!

Let’s do this thing! Give me a call or shoot me an email and we can figure out a day. I’m actually sticking around until later 10/5 now. (843)628-8469. brooksbbc@gmail.com

Merry

Hey all! I’ll visiting HK 9/26-10/1 and I’m looking for a climbing partner. I lead 5.10D sport and I’m bringing gear. Coming from San Francisco.

Markus Riek

Hi all,
me and my girlfriend will be in HK from July 1st. to July 5th. We would love to do some sport climbing for a day at the central crag, but we only have harnesses and shoes. Maybe someone (in the best case with equipment) would like to join us?! We feel safe to lead climb up to a 6a. Lunch and beers are on us 🙂

Or can someone suggest a place to rent the equipment for a day?! We would also borrow stuff from someone privately for some bugs.

Looking forward to hear from you
Markus

Will Makepeace

Hey all, from San Francisco visiting a friend in HK from 7/27-8/3. Bringing a 35m rope and looking to lead or top rope some mild routes while there. If anyone is around and interested, hit me up.

Grace Kwok

Hi everyone, I’ve always wanted to climb outdoors in Hong Kong but don’t have ropes with me, only a harness. I climb outdoors in Canada but only once in Hong Kong. I climb 6b/c, trying 7a. Feel free to hit me up for a climb either indoors or outdoors (if you have ropes)! Am totally down!
– Grace

Tom

Dear all climbers! I’m nearly always available for sport/traditional climbing in HK.
I live in Shenzhen so can be in HK in one hour. Always happy to get out on the rock!
Tom 🙂

Chen Chen

Hi! Are you available tomorrow for sport climbing? I am also in Shenzhen and can head over to HK!

Tom

Yes! Sorry i am too late. The email was in my junk folder. WeChat 13924647455
I am still free to climb

Todd

Hey Tom, or others, I will be in HKG for a full day layover on July 22nd on my way to New Zealand. Would love to get out on the rock, and lunch/beers are on me. I’m working my way back from a back injury so I’m looking for easy and scenic over finding a new project. Hit me up via email if you are interested – tmf7811 (gmail).

~Todd

Markus Riek

Hi Tom,
me and my girlfriend will be in HK from 1. July to the 5. of July. We would love to do some sport climbing in the central crag. Write me on facebook, if you have time to join. (https://www.facebook.com/markus.riek.9)

Sam

Hey Tom! My name is Sam – would you be available for climbing in HK on Nov 4? Would love to get some climbing while i’m there! I do sport (can lead). My wechat is scastro_work – hopefully i hear from you!

mountainfunone

Hi Tom,
I saw your post and was wondering if you are still available for climbing? I will be in Hong Kong from February 7th to 23rd, and am hoping to climb as much as possible. I have many years of experience, and am very safe and reliable. Hope to climb with you soon.
-Ron

Regan

Will be in Hong Kong from the 19th to 21st of November, hoping to climb in Shek O, or any other climbing spot that’s equally cool. I don’t have ropes or quick draws but would be willing to pay for travel or food to make up for your gear usage. Would you be available then?

Vincent

Hi all, I am gym climber from NY with some outdoor experience looking for a partner. Have rope and draws. Will be in HK from 5/8 to 5/14. Please let me know if you want to get out to climb

Chen Chen

Hi, I’m from Ohio (also a gym climber with some outdoor single pitch sport climbing experience) , and I will be in HK 5/7-5/17. I also have a rope and draws, so I’m down to climb. The only thing is, I checked the weather and it looks like it will be raining everyday…

Tom Swan

Hi All, I’m Tom an experienced rock climber from NZ! I’m in Hong Kong for 5 days (12-17th April) and am wanting to crush some rock – climbing on sport routes. I’m bringing all my gear so am looking for a keen partner to climb with 🙂 Cheers, Tom

Mr. Smith

I’m from Colorado but based in HK full time and live just next to Lion Rock. Have climbed a few mountains (perhaps most notable is Matterhorn) and am training for Eiger (Mittelegigrat) this Summer.

Looking for guide/instructor recommendations sport climbing Lion Rock and Beacon Hill so I can further improve my skills.

Thanks for any help, suggestions, recommendations and/or introductions !

Daniel B.

Hi Mr. Smith, if this weekend works for you for some climbing in the 6’s (I’m not a guide or instructor), contact me via email (dbs54321@gmail.com) and we can try to coordinate something.

Jan

Who’s available to climb in one of the gyms 12/23-31? Can lead. (Outside feasible too but only have personal gear). Live in Colorado now and coming back home to visit family. Looking forward to hearing from you

Kin Choi

Anybody fancies some bolt clipping on some easy routes (F5, 6a) during the week or weekends, get in touch? I’m in Hong Kong until 21 March, 2018. I’m quite experienced and used to climb a lot of harder. Having recently contracted this weird condition called frozen shoulder and acquired a new baby, I haven’t climbed as much. I do have enough quickdraws, rope for sport routes but haven’t got my monster trad rack with me. Left it at home in the UK. Far too heavy! I have climbed in various places in Hong Kong before: Beacon Hill,Kowloon Peak, Lion Rock,… Read more »

Mr. Smith

I could be interested ! See my request for help above.

Daniel B.

Hi Kin, I’ll be passing through Hong Kong this upcoming weekend (10-11 March), I’ve never climbed in Hong Kong and would love to check the rocks you have there. Anything in the 6’s sounds good to me, and if your up for some trad let me know and I could bring a small rack.
Let me know if your available.
– Daniel

Addison D.

Hi! I’ll be in HK from Feb 11-18th and looking for a sport climbing partner. I have gear (rope + draws etc.) and enjoy climbing in the 5.11-12 range but will gladly hop on anything! If you have Whatsapp my # is +86 186 2834 6912

Shulamite S

Hey Everyone, I’m visiting Hong Kong from East Coast Canada for the first few weeks of February, and I was looking for people to connect with. I boulder, but mostly sport climb. I mostly climb between 5.11-5.12 and up to V5, but I love a challenge of a hard route!

Addison D.

Hi! I’ll be in HK from Feb 11-18th and would love to do some sport climbing if you’re still around/available! I have gear (rope + draws etc.) and also enjoy climbing in the 5.11-12 range. Let me know! If you have Whatsapp my # is +86 186 2834 6912

Cristian Herrera

Hi all, I’m a climber from California on a work trip in Qing Yuan. Looking for a partner to go climbing in the YingXi area. if you have a wee chat my ID is crisalex85. hopefully someone out there can meet up! the weather is PEEERRRFECT!

-Cristian

Cristian Herrera

I forgot to mention I am only available Sunday the 10th! that’s tomorrow! I hope someone is available.
-Cristian

Aljoscha

Hi everybody,
I’ll visite HK from Feb. 7th to 17th and I would like to do some (outdoor) climbing. I’m originally from Berlin, coming to HK for the first time with my girlfriend (who unfortunately isn’t climbing). For Berlin hasn’t many rocks, I mostly climb Indoors where I can lead a 6b /5.10c. Outdoors I have some sportclimbing experience, no multy pitch experience though. I’d be up for pretty much any climbing and I could bring a 60m rope and quickdraws.
I’m ready for any kind of climbing action and be happy if anybody gets in touch!

Justin

Hi all, I am travelling to HK and looking for bouldering partners at Ha Fa Shan (Tsuen Wan Boulders) / Shek O boulders on the 20th of Dec 17. I am travelling alone without any gears.. Willing to rent crash pads for the day! Let me know if you are interested, we can plan out something!

Allen

Hello everyone, I am visiting HK from December 5-11 and I am looking for a partner to go to Tsuen Wan boulders with. Please contact me if you are interested!

Jan

Hi all, I’ll be back in HK around x’mas and looking to climb around week of Dec 25th. Anyone free to get out? Can lead sport or trad. Happy to stay indoor too. Would love to hear from you!

Tom Ward

Hi all. I’ve recently finished a seasonal job and would like to find midweek climbing partners. I haven’t climbed much this year so perhaps best described as a novice! I’ve got personal gear and some draws but currently without a rope. I live on Cheung Chau and happy to travel. Cheers!

Allen

Hi Tom, I will be traveling to HK from the US from December 5-11. I would love to get some climbing in while I’m there, unfortunately I won’t have a rope with me though. Any chance you have a crash pad and would be interested in going to Tsuen Wan boulders?

Lisa

Hi Allen (and Tom),
I’m around for some outdoor bouldering, but I’d need to get a crash pad. Let me know if you’re still interested and when.
Or alternatively, I’m free during the week to go to Vermcity in North Point or Gonature in Kwun Tong.
Lisa

Tom Ward

Hi Allen and Lisa. Bouldering sounds good! I haven’t got a crash pad, but how about Tsuen Wan boulders on Thursday or Friday this week? My whatspp is +447840017503

Lisa

Hi Tom,
I’d love to, but I work during the day. I can do the evenings indoors. Or weekends outdoors (if I can find a place to hire a mat from).
Sorry, I should have made that clearer in previous message.
Otherwise, I’m free the week beginning 18th December, daytime included.
Lisa

Jan

Lisa and all, I’d love to meet up as well, after Dec 24 if you’re free!

Lisa

Hi Jan,
Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, I’m away 22 Dec – 7 Jan. Please let me know if you’re still in HK and want to climb after this time.
Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa

Hi Jan,
I’d love to but I’m away 22 Dec – 7 Jan. Are you still around after that time?
Lisa

Kin Choi

Hi Tom, If you’re still around in Hong Kong, I wouldn’t mind doing a few routes outside. I have climbed for many years and have done fair a few crags in Hong Kong before. Having a shoulder problem (restricted range of movement on my left shoulder) recently, I don’t mind going easy. I’m in Hong Kong until 21 March, 2018. Give me a shout if you fancy a route or two.

Daniel Cheung

Hey, I’m here in HK for two weeks based around the TKO area. I have rope and draws etc ready for sport. Would really appreciate some local know how and belay support! If anyone can help out/happy for me to tag along please DM me. I would say I’m confident on low grade sport routes (on new rock) F5 pushing low 6. Cheers guys!

Phoebe Lew

Heya! I’m traveling to HK Dec 31-Jan 7th and looking for both indoor and outdoor partners.Mostly interested in sport for outdoors but down to boulder as well. Lmk if interested!

Massih

Hello everybody. I am traveling to Hong Kong and am free on 5th, 6th and 7th of November for outdoor climbing (multi pitch or sport). I have 5 years experience of climbing (lead 5.11a follow 5.12a). Please let me know if you are interested. Even one day between those days would be fine for me.

Janette

Hi all, I’ll be back in HK around x’mas and looking to get out week of Dec 25th. Wanna link up? Can lead or belay, either sport or trad, happy to climb indoor too. Would love to hear from you!